This website is operated by Wickes Group plc ("we" or "us"). We are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with data protection laws applicable to the United Kingdom.
- Visitors to our website
- Those interested in Investor Relations
- Suppliers to the Wickes Group
Personal information is any information relating to an individual who can be identified directly or indirectly from that information, such as name, email address, location, an online identifier or other factors specific to their identity.
As a rule, we do not collect “special category data” about visitors to this website. Special category data relates to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, criminal records and allegations.
Website Visitors: The personal information we collect about you and how we use it
You can visit and browse our website without providing your name or contact details.
Like many websites, our server logs capture details of your operating system, browser software, IP (Internet Protocol) address and Uniform Resource Locator (URL), including the date and time of your visit.
You may choose to provide your contact details (e.g. name, address, business, job title, email address, telephone number) if you do any of these things:
- Sign up to a mailing list
- Submit a query or request information
- Ask to be contacted by us
Investor Relations: The personal information we collect about you and how we use it.
In addition to the general information collected about visitors to our website described above, you may choose to sign up for Investor Relations alerts and regulatory news.
Suppliers: The personal information we collect about you and how we use it
If you supply products or services to the Wickes Group, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- for order processing and management;
- to manage deliveries, installations, returns and refunds;
- for product liability purposes;
- to manage your account, including conducting credit and other background checks where applicable;
- for analytics and market research purposes;
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our websites or services;
- for supply chain management;
- to deal with enquiries and complaints;
- for claims management and insurance purposes; and
- for record keeping purposes.
If you are a supplier and you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please contact your usual business contact or the Commercial Team.
The Wickes Group uses centralised finance, supplier and investor management systems. Your information may be accessed by others in the Group for administrative and analytical purposes. However, you will not receive marketing from other Group companies unless you have agreed to that.
Some telephone calls may be recorded or monitored, for example calls to our customer services teams. Call recording and monitoring may be carried out for the following purposes:
- training and quality control;
- as evidence of conversations; and/or
- for the prevention or detection of crime (e.g. fraudulent claims).
Some of the information we collect is provided by you voluntarily (and therefore with your permission), for example when you sign up to join a mailing list or submit a query.
If you supply products or services to us, most of the information we collect is necessary so that we can fulfil the contract between us.
The remainder of the information is collected for our legitimate business purposes, which include:
- To keep in touch with you
- To monitor the use of our website and improve its facilities
- To manage our supply chain and the relationship with our suppliers (including the management of rebates and claimbacks)
- To protect and defend our rights
When we collect personal information from you we will indicate whether it is mandatory or voluntary – this is done on the website by using asterisks to mark mandatory fields.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed for the legitimate business purposes described above.
If you are a visitor to the website, we will retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so.
If you are a supplier, we normally keep records for 7 years after the closure of your account or the last purchase or sale you made for accounting, tax and product liability purposes.
Your information may be retained for longer than this if there are valid legal grounds for us to do so, for example if required by law or court order, or as needed to defend or pursue legal claims.
Like most organisations, we engage service providers to run our website and IT systems, to help us administer investor relations, and to handle postal and email distribution.
We will only provide these companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. Whenever we share personal information about our customers, suppliers or visitors to our website with our service providers, we will put in place contracts which require the service provider to protect the information and keep it secure. See also Transferring information to other countries below.
Your information may be shared within the Wickes Group for account management, analysis and reporting.
Your personal data may be disclosed to the following third parties for the purposes described above:
- tax, customs and excise authorities
- regulators, courts and the police
- central and local government
- insurance companies
- other professional advisors
We may also disclose your personal information if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or otherwise protect and defend our rights, property or the safety of our customers, employees and other users of the website.
We may disclose and/or transfer your personal information in connection with a reorganisation of all or part of our business, if the majority of our shares are bought by another company or if we transfer all or some of our assets to another company.
Some of the companies who provide services to us may be located outside the United Kingdom, for example, some IT service providers. As a result, your personal information may be transferred outside the UK. We will ensure that those service providers comply with any legal requirements that apply to the transfer of personal information outside the UK, including, where appropriate, requiring the service provider to sign the approved European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
We take the protection of your personal information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it.
If you have created an account or registered to use any online services, your account details may be password protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential and to sign out once you have finished browsing.
This policy was last updated in March 2021.
Links may be provided on our website to other websites that are not operated by us. If you use any links, you will leave our website. You should note that we are not responsible for the contents of any third party website. External sites will have their own privacy policies which you should read carefully.
If you would prefer not to receive our marketing in the future, please unsubscribe using one of the following ways:
- If you have an online account you can access, update and correct your personal information – including your marketing choices – using the account management facilities.
- You can opt out of receiving emails at any time by using the unsubscribe option in the message.
- Alternatively, please contact the Wickes Data Protection Office using the contact details given below.
Access and Correction
If you would like to correct or update any of your other personal information, or if you would like a copy of the personal information we hold, please contact the Wickes Data Protection Office at the address below. We may need to ask for proof of your identity before we can respond to your request.
You may also have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- in certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information (including profiling), or request that your personal information is deleted
- where you have provided personal information voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use, the right to withdraw your consent
- in certain circumstances, the right to receive a copy of the personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that we transfer that information to another party (known as “data portability”)
- the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority (see further below)
Wickes Data Protection Office
Wickes Group plc
19 Colonial Way
Or email them at:
GDPR@wickes.co.uk (marking emails for the attention of the Data Protection Officer)
If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal information or our response to any request made by you in relation to your personal information, you have a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745 (national rate)
Updated: March 2021